DM Creative Studios is seeking an experienced WordPress developer to join our full-service creative agency. A candidate should understand the latest industry-standard tools, WordPress architecture, and UX fundamentals. A candidate must be passionate about web development, have understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions at the code level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage our existing websites through bug fixes, website updates, and performance optimizations
- Develop WordPress themes based on Photoshop files using the latest tools, frameworks, and libraries
- Develop and maintain custom blocks for the Gutenberg editor
- Research and learn new frameworks, tools and development processes on a project-to-project basis
- Optimize new and existing websites for page speed and minimal server load
- Proficiency with PHP
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor (e.g. Sass/ProCSS)
- 1+ year(s) recent WordPress design experience, including the use of WooCommerce (Knowledge of WordPress Starter Theme Bedrock and Sage)
- Knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases (e.g. Mysql)
- Experience with VPS providers (e.g. Digital Ocean)
- Good vibes
To Score Extra Points
- Laravel Mix/Webpack
- Tailwind CSS/Bulma
- React / Vue
- Plugin Development
Location: This position will be based full-time in Gainesville, FL. Remote work is an option for qualified candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- competitive salaries
- flexible work environment
We all have a life outside of work so our standard working hours are 9AM till 6PM Monday to Friday with 1h lunch break. You can though choose your start and finishing time as long as your hours and work are getting done.
- professional development opportunities
- 10 paid vacation days
- up to 5 paid sick days
- 6 paid holidays
Plus the week between Christmas and New Years. This gives everyone time to re-charge those batteries and get get those creative gears turning again.
- 401(k) plan and employer contribution after 18 months
- unlimited snacks and coffee